Welcome To Retirement Playground

Friday, May 20, 2011

An open letter of apology from the economy

From an article in a local paper:


 I'm sorry,

 To state the obvious, it hasn't been pretty these last few years, especially for the job market. I am aware of the anger, and I don't blame you. This whole thing got away from me. But I think it's time we made a fresh start.

 Here's what I propose:


1. If you have a job and your happy with it, good for you. Keep it up.

2. If your not happy with your job, it's time to rethink things. I'm not telling you to quit on the spot. But maybe there is a better job for you out there.

3. If your taking a job that under normal circumstances you wouldn't have, my hats off to you. You did what you had to do. But now maybe it is time you get back to doing what it is you do best.

4. If you don't have a job, again, I'm sorry. I know looking for a job can be, to put it nicely, challenging. but know this: It's not you, it's me. And if the recovery is here, I think you can lead the way.

So to everyone who's been affected the last few years, which is pretty much everyone, I accept complete responsibility. But now, the ball is in your court. You have permission to move on with your life.

It's time to move forward, find a job you love and get back to work. 

Sincerely 
The Economy

No comments:

Post a Comment